Yanmar 12HP Engine for Spares - Free to a Good Home

This forum is for members general information exchange. You must register with name and valid e-mail address before being able to post a message. Non members are welcome to make contact with us through this forum. Please don't include your personal contact details in your message.
Sabre27Admin
Site Admin

Yanmar 12HP Engine for Spares - Free to a Good Home

Post by Sabre27Admin »

This message has been received by Peter Green:
I am just completing the exchange of my original Yanmar 12hp, for a new Volvo unit. The Yanmar had an issue with water running back down the exhaust into the cylinder head, and instead of overhauling the engine I decided to replace it. However I wondered whether one of your members would like the unit for an overhaul project or spares. I think it is 100% original inc gearbox, mounts etc. Its obviously a little tired but was running pretty well until recently. free to a good home, but needs to be collected from Hamble soon.
If anyone is interested, please email webmaster[at]sabre27.org.uk and I'll relay the message.
=====================
Webmaster
http://sabre27.org.uk
=====================
jezza

Re: Yanmar 12HP Engine for Spares - Free to a Good Home

Post by jezza »

A friend of mine has a fix to repair a head damaged by this, which we did on my 1GM10 after it killed the second head in a couple of years. We bored out the exhaust port to match the OD of a length of 316 stainless pipe and bonded it into the head with JB Weld epoxy. He also fabricated a new injection elbow, much longer and thicker than standard, from 316, with a nice thick flange to bolt to the head. We also installed a vented loop under the bridgedeck on the hose leading from the head to the elbow.

Jerry Jones
Sea Spear
Twin keel, Plymouth (now for sale)
Jerry Jones
Sea Spear
Weston-super-Mare