Vetus m205 warning indicators

Posts that appeared in the original forum have been transferred here. It's worth searching them for answers - it's a goldmine.
Sabre27Admin
Site Admin

Vetus m205 warning indicators

Post by Sabre27Admin »

SteveV
United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2012 : 18:18:08
I have a sabre with a vetus m205 engine. I dont have the user manual. One of the warning indicators on the control panel is activated, it looks like a water level indicator but the header tank is full. The lights form the bottom are glowplug, battery, water, oil, then another water. it is the 3rd form the bottom that is lit.

the engine doesn't seem to be overheating, there is plenty of fresh water and raw water is spurting out of the exhaust.

anyone got a manual, or an idea what the indication is?

kcalco
United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 : 16:56:11
Hi
It may be the raw water temperature sensor. It will alarm over 75 degs c.and is mounted at the back of the engine on the bronze Exhaust raw water injection just under the fresh water heat exchanger. It has one green wire connected to it and when the switch activates it connects to earth.
My one went forty an alarmed on a cold engine. I have not found a way of removing the bronze housing and actually getting it back on!!!. You may want to stuff a piece of wire through the injection slits (2 about 1mm x 25mm) to make sure they are clean. The other cause is a green carpet over the raw water intake. This sensor cost me 45 sqid with VAT and BAT.

SteveV
United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2012 : 20:51:49
Sorry for the late reply, it was the exhaust sensor, I disconnected the wire for now. I got a replacement of a bloke on another forum, along with an original handbook for the vetus205, just need to ge around to fitting the new one now.

The boat is back in Cardiff, with a list of minor jobs to fit in between some winter sailing.
=====================
Webmaster
http://sabre27.org.uk
=====================