Cool Boxes

Posts that appeared in the original forum have been transferred here. It's worth searching them for answers - it's a goldmine.
Sabre27Admin
Site Admin

Cool Boxes

Post by Sabre27Admin »

rory7520
United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2014 : 10:33:36
Greetings Sabre Owners

Am setting off next week for a few days to the West Country and have decided to upgrade my rather elderly cool box. Does anybody have good bad experience of a 12/230v 30-40 Litre box they could share?

Thanks

Rory Steevenson
SMYGGLER
Iain C
United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 : 14:26:43
I have a Waeco CDF18 and it's utterly brilliant in every way. Decent enough capacity, very good on power compared to a fan jobbie, and incredibly powerful. Running at 40% gets your beer ice cold...any more than that and you are starting to freeze stuff solid. It also has a switch so you can decide at what point it cuts out to save your battery (not that it uses much power at all)

Not cheap at about £350 new (I got mine 2nd hand) but easily one of the very best bits of gear I have bought for the boat. Totally transforms self sufficiency...buy BBQ food today that you plan to cook in 4 days time. From a "return on investment" perspective it's probably paid for itself...keeping us out of the pub and eating on board. Also great for camping, parties, whatever.

No more UHT milk, oh, and did I mention the ice cold beer and fantastic G&Ts?

rory7520
United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 : 17:58:22
Hi Iain

Thank you for responding to my question. I have opted for a Waeco Mobicool G35 35 Litre Electric Coolbox. I have a 10% discount deal at Force 4 so only paid £89; while it seems very luxurious compared to my old one it may not be quite as smart as yours. First major test run tomorrow but so far so good. Am just grateful that you took the time to share your experiences if just to confirm that cool boxes make life much more agreeable. I will let you know how we get on!

Best wishes and thanks again

Rory Steevenson
SMUGGLER

Iain C
United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2014 : 07:25:05
Nice one...good luck with it! Be good to hear what you think of it.
=====================
Webmaster
http://sabre27.org.uk
=====================