Stanchion Base

Posts that appeared in the original forum have been transferred here. It's worth searching them for answers - it's a goldmine.
Sabre27Admin
Site Admin

Stanchion Base

Post by Sabre27Admin »

johnle
United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2016 : 19:37:12
I have just broken a bronze deck base, has anyone got a spare or know who makes them please.
keith
United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2016 : 09:44:00
I am afraid it is likely to be a boat jumble search. I replaced four of ours due to cracks in the casting & was lucky to find some good quality stainless steel ones with almost identical feet. Some stainless ones have the tube part held into the baseplate with three small spot welds, these are not fit for purpose! It may be worth looking at Classic marine's website, they do a good range of high quality bronze fittings.

ken endean
United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2016 : 11:05:26
Many years ago, two of my bronze stanchion bases were repaired by small firms in Winchester, using brazing - and completely successful. if you search, you may still be able to find companies with similar expertise.

johnle
United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 : 17:34:55
As I had a very short time frame to find a replacement stanchion base i went for an aluminium one from Bayside Marine Ltd in Brixham. It is very good! I will pi=ut contact details in the useful supplier section of the web site.
=====================
Webmaster
http://sabre27.org.uk
=====================