LED Saloon Lights

It's always handy to know where to turn when you need some help with the rigging - or the 30 year old Yanmar that needs a reconditioned alternator. If you've had a good experience with a supplier or craftsman, let us know who they are by posting their details here. Please start your post title with the general topic in capitals at the beginning. For example:

ENGINE - Yanmar spare parts
RIGGING - Sail laundry & repair
ENGINE - South coast mobile mechanic
Sabre27Admin
Site Admin

LED Saloon Lights

Post by Sabre27Admin »

rory7520
United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2016 : 22:42:25
Happy New Year to one and all.

I am just about to research the replacement of my old 12 volt mini strip lights in the saloon and forward cabin. While they work perfectly well, my ageing eyes need more light to read by and I suspect LED versions are both brighter and less punishing on the domestic battery.

Can anybody recommend a supplier and suitable LED strip light replacements? Thank you and roll on the summer!

Best wishes

Rory Steevenson
SMUGGLER of Keyhaven

ianfr
United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2016 : 13:54:29
Hi

I have G4 warm white led bulbs replacing the Halogen bulbs in the fore cabin light fittings. www.searolf.com Is the supplier.

I have also fitted a couple of LED strips which I got from Lidl. They sometimes pop up in their special buys, as bookcase lights with a 12V transformer. I have been using them now for 3 years without issues, although they have only been available in cold white which can be a bit harsh. http://www.searolf.com/store/c17/LIGHT_ ... ORIES.html Shows their available range.

I have no connection apart from being a satisfied customer.

Ian

Kind Regards

Jo and Ian
Apogee, Tollesbury

rory7520
United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2016 : 20:12:50
Thank you very much Ian. Very useful

Best wishes

Rory

SMUGGLER of Keyhaven