Roller to Slab Reefing

Posts that appeared in the original forum have been transferred here. It's worth searching them for answers - it's a goldmine.
Sabre27Admin
Site Admin

Roller to Slab Reefing

Post by Sabre27Admin »

ianfr
United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 : 14:06:47
Hi,

Has anyone done the coversion from the standard roller reefing to slab reefing? I have the standard boom, but want to go to slab reefing.

I plan on using a Barton slab reefing kit with a double horn at the clew.

Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks

Ian

Kind Regards

Ian
dave
United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 : 20:18:48 Show Profile Email Poster Edit Reply Send dave an AOL message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
the barton reefing kit is a good idea but the track is not long enough also having the main loose footed helpsbecause you just gather he sail rather than tying it round the boom

ianfr
United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 : 15:52:22
Just ordered a new mainsail from Kemps £671 better than I was expecting.

Ian

Kind Regards

Ian

Mike T
67 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 : 16:33:13
Ian,
You wont be dissapointed, kemps are a great sailmakers!
Got my genoa made by them last year. great product, great service and great price (over £150 cheaper than any other quote and i had 10 quotes!!!)
Enjoy

dave
United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 : 21:47:17 Show Profile Email Poster Edit Reply Send dave an AOL message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
im having a new 130% genny from kemps the mainsail i bought from them last year is supurb down wind it adds a knot at least to the speed
cant wait to get the genny ask about loose footed and make sure you order a full top batten i didnt and get a crease in the top of the sail
kemps are very good because when i moaned about it they are sending me a softer set of battens so i can maybe pull the crease out
kemps aint cheap but there after sales service is very good and if you ring them they will always find time to talk you through the problem
regards dave smith
gentle nimbus
=====================
Webmaster
http://sabre27.org.uk
=====================