Flexible water tanks

Posts that appeared in the original forum have been transferred here. It's worth searching them for answers - it's a goldmine.
Sabre27Admin
Site Admin

Flexible water tanks

Post by Sabre27Admin »

Iain C
United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 : 15:21:59
As I need to take out my existing "hard" water tank to find the leak, and replace the filler pipe (which currently looks like something the Eden Project would be proud of) I have decided to fit a flexible tank too. My existing tank is only 50 litres and it's a huge waste of space up front.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a readily available "triangular" flexible tank that is a good fit? I think the measurements of the space under the forward berths comes out at about 1000mm long, 800mm wide, and 450mm deep (all at longest dimensions)

Thanks

Iain
Edited by - Iain C on 07/05/2011 15:23:27
Tug6451
United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 : 00:56:19
Hi,
I had a lot of trouble with my flexible tank, leaking etc. I've now installed a 57 ltr. Plastimo rigid tank. works great! You can get moulded to your specs tanks. I've seen a site on the internet I think it may be Tek tanks or something like that, don't know what the prices are like though. May be worth a search on the internet.
Cheers Tug.

Chris "Tug" Wilson
Boat:"Vingt Sept"
Fin Keel(1971)
Torquay berth.

Carl Elton
United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 : 11:27:23
Hi Iain
I fitted the plastimo 120ltr flexible triangular tank last year and have had no trouble with it up to now. Before fitting the tank I lined the sides of the space it was going into with self sticking closed cell foam just in case there were any sharp bits of fibre glass that could puncture it. The tank itself seems good quality and I'm pleased with the result.

Cheers Carl
(Pirouette)

sabre27
178 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 : 22:29:28
Hi Guys,

Some years ago Corsair's very old Crewsaver(stopped manufacturing years ago) water tank finally gave up the gost and died just before our annual cruise. The only triangular flex tank I could find off the shelf was from Plastimo. Cost only a few beans so in it went and lasted until 3 weeks before the following years cruise!! Thanks. The liner split where it had a small fold!

I had done some homework by then so called http://www.hovercraftconsultants.co.uk/ ... Category=n and after a fruitfull discussion they made me 2 new tanks to my dimensions and I refitted the under bunk area and in they went. Bottom outlet, top inlet with breathers to take the stress off the tanks when they empty. Great people to deal with.

We have water just like at home, Loads! Serious tanks installed June 2004 and just like new. I love 'em!

You get what you pay for. If you are feeling expansive and want to know more, ring me.

Paul Howard. S27OA Technical Officer.
=====================
Webmaster
http://sabre27.org.uk
=====================