Membership applications

This forum is for members general information exchange. You must register with name and valid e-mail address before being able to post a message. Non members are welcome to make contact with us through this forum. Please don't include your personal contact details in your message.
jezza

Membership applications

Post by jezza »

I have emailed the contact address asking to reinstate my membership as I have withdawn Sea Spear from sale and had her moved to Uphill, 10 minutes from home, where I intend to bring her back into tip-top order and start using her in the Bristol Channel. I haven't had a reply as yet -ccould someone please look into it and contact me at jerry.jones@gmail.com
Jerry Jones
Sea Spear
Weston-super-Mare
ken endean

Re: Membership applications

Post by ken endean »

Welcome back, Jerry. I understand that your application should have gone through by now - the forum makes a good back-up if our email link fails. As for the Bristol Channel, you have my respect! I assume you'll be sailing from the Axe and that Brean Down gives a bit of shelter. At least you won't have to regularly cross Bideford Bar. Ken
jezza

Post by jezza »

It's all new to me, so I expect quite a learning curve. I'm planning to beef up the engine from the 1GM10 currently in there and am looking at the listings at http://www.marineenterprisesltd.co.uk/ who appear to have plenty on offer at around the 2 grand mark. Volvo, Beta, Yanmar and several other 2-3 cylinder engines of 20-30hp.

I find the Facebook Sabre 27 group very useful and would encourage anyone who can to join. I took your name in vain the other day when someone was talking about going to outboard power!
Jerry Jones
Sea Spear
Weston-super-Mare
ken endean

Post by ken endean »

Facebook is currently causing problems because there seem to be several groups/communities/discussions evolving simultaneously and people are getting confused among multiple 'threads'. Ken
jezza

Post by jezza »

How odd. The only Sabre 27 group I can find is https://www.facebook.com/groups/Sabre27

Can you point me at some of the others, and I'll join them too?

I'm certainly blessed with several relevant groups for my Vagabond 47, which is covered by about 3-4 groups with users all over the world (most were originally sold in the USA) and groups dealing with sailing and marinas in the Med! When I move on to a new location I am reluctant to leave the group for peole living aboard in the marina I have left, so I am now in groups for Almerimar, Marina Di Ragusa and Licata.
Jerry Jones
Sea Spear
Weston-super-Mare
MichaelW

Post by MichaelW »

Seems a shame that this being the originator forum for Sabres should be outdone by Faceache, which I generally despise but as said is useful.

I wonder if there was a way to merge this forum with a FB front end.

Interesting about Marine Enterprises and lumps, with a six month warranty and fitted during a season a good work out should really identify any faults. Wonder what the warranty covers and has anyone had to use it
Sabre27Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sabre27Admin »

Good morning All,

I have noted all comments about the forum and Facebook and have attempted to implement measures to reduce the amount of spam registrations received. These hide genuine registrations (which are about one in a thousand spam registrations) so they are subsequently overlooked. The forum used to be much more active, but it was forced into retirement when the server changed because the software was so old. I manually transferred as much as I possibly could into the Archive board but getting members to re-register was like pulling teeth... it has only recently become active again which is great - so I'll do what I can do to grease the wheels. Apologies if the webmaster@ email messages sometimes take a while to receive a response - I'm afraid that work e-mails tend to take precedence!

Nick
=====================
Webmaster
http://sabre27.org.uk
=====================
jezza

Post by jezza »

The advantage of Farcebook is its ability to show photos, which are extremely useful for boat discussions.
Jerry Jones
Sea Spear
Weston-super-Mare
NickBD

Post by NickBD »

Pictures can be uploaded to this forum as well. Click the Attachments tab under the text / content field and click the Add Files button. Then click 'place inline':
Type a caption into the File Comment field.
Type a caption into the File Comment field.
sabre_rally02.jpg (35.14 KiB) Viewed 14985 times
=======================================
Nick B-D
https://www.tinstar.co.uk
=======================================
jezza

Post by jezza »

Handy to know - Here is a very sad looking Sea Spear as she appeared at Uphill before the Attack by Jetwash

Well, it would have been but my iPhone photo is too large.

Later: and now it isn't, but another 5 minute embuggerance which doesn't occur on FB.
Attachments
2020-09-17 14.25.36.jpg
2020-09-17 14.25.36.jpg (100.61 KiB) Viewed 14981 times
Jerry Jones
Sea Spear
Weston-super-Mare