Ship to shore Electricity supply

This forum is for members general information exchange. You must register with name and valid e-mail address before being able to post a message. Non members are welcome to make contact with us through this forum. Please don't include your personal contact details in your message.
pfmsharkey@gmail.com

Ship to shore Electricity supply

Post by pfmsharkey@gmail.com »

Hello, we recently bought a Sabre 27. As we can't find a ship to shore electricity connection we've presuming this was not fitted as standard, would that be correct?

Is it difficult to fit same? Any advice appreciated.

Kind regards and stay safe
Paula.
John l e

Re: Ship to shore Electricity supply

Post by John l e »

Our Sabre "Pelagos" had elec supply long after she was built. Shore socket is in the cockpit starboard side aft and the converter is under seat in saloon.
She is currently for sale and if you open up link on this site to Westwater Yacht Sales you will find some pictures of cockpit
pfmsharkey@gmail.com

Hi John,
Thanks so much for your response.
I have had a look at your boat and pictures. It looks in great condition! Best of luck with the sale.
Kind regards
Paula.
jezza

Post by jezza »

I put in a 220V system in my new boat, much larger than a Sabre, using a domestic consumer unit with an RCD and MCBs on each circuit, bringing the power in via a galvanic isolator, to reduce the danger of stray current corrosion. I am considering fitting similar to my Sabre. For that I would just use a water resistant garage or caravan consumer unit with two MCBs like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264454641821. I'd still install a galvanic isolator, though. Use arctic spec. flex to connect to sockets, not domestic twin and earth.
Jerry Jones
Sea Spear
Weston-super-Mare
pfmsharkey@gmail.com

Thanks for the great advice!