Floorboards on Sabre 27

This forum is for members general information exchange. You must register with name and valid e-mail address before being able to post a message. Non members are welcome to make contact with us through this forum. Please don't include your personal contact details in your message.
GalwaySabre

Floorboards on Sabre 27

Post by GalwaySabre »

Hello,
I am restoring Tillew in Galway. Ithad been neglected over the last few years. And needs a lot of tidying up and.The ply flooring in the Cabin is broken with a large piece missing. I need to make up a new one but was wondering if was originally in more than one piece and if anyone had pictures/drawings of theirs.
Any help appreciated
Best Regards,
Tom Byrne
samphire2014

Re: Floorboards on Sabre 27

Post by samphire2014 »

Sadly, you have not told us if your boat is a Mk1 or Mk2?

There is a PDF showing the fit out plans for a Mark 2 in the archive, but whilst the floorboard profiles are shown, none have any dimensions. if yours is a Mark 2, I can photograph mine and take some dimensions the next time I am there (although, with the Mk2 it should be obvious and just a case of tracing around the rebated recess)
jezza

Post by jezza »

I have photographed mine, which is a dinette version.The main section is a parallel sided piede and there is a shaped section to either side, with a removable piece above the bilge pump. You can see that the full length cosmetic board is loose and can be removed , allowing the section above the bilge pump to then be removed if the central piece is lifted. There are holes to locate the bottom of the companionway steps.

Yes, it's all filthy, but will be getting cleaned soon!
Attachments
2021-07-31 18.25.49.jpg
2021-07-31 18.25.49.jpg (2.21 MiB) Viewed 10843 times
Jerry Jones
Sea Spear
Weston-super-Mare
GalwaySabre

Post by GalwaySabre »

Thank you Jezzs
I'm.not sure whether mine is Mk 1 or 2.
There is a recess under the galley area at one side.
I was going to use ply wood but yours appear to be a number of separate boards. Which would make life easier. What are they made from?
Where have you located your bilge pump?
Thanks again
Tom
Galwaycub@gmail.com
GalwaySabre

Post by GalwaySabre »

Thanks Jerry
jezza

Post by jezza »

You can see the bilge pump in the photo above.
Jerry Jones
Sea Spear
Weston-super-Mare