Sabre Brochures etc

This forum is for members general information exchange. You must register with name and valid e-mail address before being able to post a message. Non members are welcome to make contact with us through this forum. Please don't include your personal contact details in your message.
Keith 66

Sabre Brochures etc

Post by Keith 66 »

I got a phone call from a friend today who is clearing his dads shed out, In amongst the junk was a folder full of Marcon stuff including various Sabre 27 brochures & price lists. Also several drawings supplied by the factory to his dad who built Blue Oyster.
nice result saving all this from the tip!
NickBD

Re: Sabre Brochures etc

Post by NickBD »

Great job saving this lot Keith - any chance of getting any of it scanned in for the website?
=======================================
Nick B-D
https://www.tinstar.co.uk
=======================================
ken endean

Post by ken endean »

Keith,
Well done indeed. The Association has a few Sabre drawings but those that would have been useful for home-assembly are mostly very faint. Ditto the drawings for the hull mouldings and stiffeners etc. To expand on Nick's comment, a quick alternative to scanning large drawings is to photograph them with a digital camera. It is best to do that in good light and with no creases to cause shadows. There may be less distortion at the edges if they are photographed from a short distance away, possibly with a touch of zoom, rather than close-up.
Keith 66

Post by Keith 66 »

Im pretty sure the brochures are ones we have already, Price lists ditto. But i will scan them & forward on.
There are also brochures & price lists for the rest of the Marcon range Tomahawk25, Rival 32,Marcon 34 & Marcon Halberdier 36.
The Construction general arrangement drawing is quite clear but the sail plan turned out to have faded so badly as to be completely illegible so i chucked it.
You never know more stuff might turn up!