Original Window frames wanted

This forum is for members general information exchange. You must register with name and valid e-mail address before being able to post a message. Non members are welcome to make contact with us through this forum. Please don't include your personal contact details in your message.
GalwaySabre

Original Window frames wanted

Post by GalwaySabre »

I'm trying to locate a set of original Alloy window frames for our Sabre27. Tillew
A previous owner removed the frames and discarded them.They screwed plexiglass sheets to the outside and tried to seal them with mastic. Of course they leak like a sieve and look awful.
I realise the originals will need modification and refurbishment but at least we'll have something to work with. I noticed a set, advertised for sale on BoatsfromUK.com by an owner in Fareham but have not been able to contact them.
Anyone know the whereabouts of a set ?
Regards,
Tom
ken endean

Re: Original Window frames wanted

Post by ken endean »

If you want a decent set of window frames you may have to commission new ones, because any used frames are likely to be U/S, or may not fit your openings (there were some variations). I got mine from the firm trading as Technautic and they have been very satisfactory. The most important stage is the making of accurate cardboard templates of the openings and deciding on the screw/bolt fixing options and positions.
Apologies for this slow response - and Good luck.
Ken
Keith 66

Re: Original Window frames wanted

Post by Keith 66 »

There is no point fitting 40 - 50 year old frames even if you can find a set, as they are likely to have lost all their anodising & have corrosion issues.
Technautic made a new set of windows up for our boat 12 years ago & they have been good, now need resealing though.