Saloon Table

Posts that appeared in the original forum have been transferred here. It's worth searching them for answers - it's a goldmine.
Sabre27Admin
Site Admin

Saloon Table

Post by Sabre27Admin »

richardabeattie
United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 : 21:45:45
The table provided as original equipment on Asymptote is mounted on a heavy metal column into a big metal socket on the sole. We never used it - we'd rather have the floorspace - but the floor socket made a bulge under the floor covering which was a trip hazard. The socket was easy to remove - just four self tapping screws. A lot of nasty gunge underneath! I filled the hole with an 11cm diameter disk of wood supported by a bit of wood screwed under the sole.

Hardly a major mod but certainly an improvement. For a table when we want one we use a cheap wooden fold up picnic table.
Iain C
United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 : 22:08:41
Done something similar. I've got one of those Lagun jobbies that will rotate pretty much out of the way, and also has a mounting plate in the cockpit which works beautifully, so I can move it between both places.

I also filled the while with a wooden disc and gelcoated over it...very smooth but terrible colour match!

yerffoeg
United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 : 00:13:10
Yes, I put a Lagun table in, which locates either in the cockpit or the saloon. One of the best bits of kit I ever bought! The original table was never satisfactory in my view - just got in the way of everybody.

NPMR
United Kingdom
59 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 : 10:00:26
I converted our table. Made a flat box about 4" deep, a little smaller than the table top and then put a hinge on the table top so that it lifts up.

Now we have a full dining table and when sailing, a Nav Table that takes virtually a full size chart. Inside the box is the chart store. Keeps them flat and dry and takes loads of them.

Partitioned off on one side, lined in felt, takes pencils, plotter, magnifying glass (getting old!), ruler and spare fishing hooks and batteries. And lots of 'stuff'!

Been really useful.
=====================
Webmaster
http://sabre27.org.uk
=====================