Cabin bunk

Posts that appeared in the original forum have been transferred here. It's worth searching them for answers - it's a goldmine.
Sabre27Admin
Site Admin

Cabin bunk

Post by Sabre27Admin »

SteveV
United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2014 : 14:44:54
My sabre seems to be odd in that it has no GRP inner for the galley, bunk areas. It seems to have been built completely in wood from the shell.

In the area of cabin table I only have a single berth. I see on the Sabre plans I downloaded that it is normal to have a sliding bunk under the setee to make a double berth.

It would be great to see some photos of others cabins to work out how this is supported when deployed.

Cheers
Steve

Edited by - SteveV on 27/01/2014 14:45:58
kcalco
United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2014 : 23:55:23

Hi
The bench pulls out and drops into a slot at the engine end, the other end is secured by a bolt that pins the bench from sliding out further. Its a double bed for children, you certainly can't sleep 2 adults.
If all goes well there will be a photo showing the slot (just below the hook in the photo) the bench drops into.
The hook is to retain the box that replaces the steps and covers the portaloo.
The head has shelving in it now.
Regards Ken I have no idea if this link will work ok

SteveV
United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2014 : 10:12:18
I cant see that link. I checked out the room on Sarabande yesterday, not sure its worth the trouble. There are more important jobs to sort out. I put a few pics on my flikr account. I just removed the treadmaster from the engine cover so its looking a bit scruffy

kcalco
United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2014 : 21:06:41
Hi
Have created a flickr account and think this link will work.

Regards Ken

kcalco
United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2014 : 21:23:22
Hi No the link does not work it seems to have put spaces in when I copied and pasted in. I don't enough IQ points to this stuff.
Ken
=====================
Webmaster
http://sabre27.org.uk
=====================