Taylors diesel heater

Posts that appeared in the original forum have been transferred here. It's worth searching them for answers - it's a goldmine.
Sabre27Admin
Site Admin

Taylors diesel heater

Post by Sabre27Admin »

Mikenfi
United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2016 : 19:55:21
Hello again everyone.

I feel like I'm the only person still posting here apart from nickbd and he doesnt have a sabre and more as I'm sitting on it! Sorry nick kalco and a few others that pitch in from time to time this isn't a dig. I'm really appreciate other peoples opinions when it comes to getting myhands dirty with hyjanorra. They always say 2 heads are better than one!

I have just got a new heater a Taylors 079. I've been dreaming about these although i have considered the blown air heaters. I love that our sabres old and wanted simple tech on board rather than too many moving parts to go wrong. I have trawlled through the owners photos and found one with the heater mounted on the end of the L seat. This is not ideal as Fiona loves to put her feet up here.

Has anyone got any experience with these heaters. Thought about where it might go?

I won't lie there was noting planned about this purchase. It has been a dream... "If we had one of those I'd put it there". There was an advert on ybws today and it was in the city so I dashed over and got it. Didn't want to miss out.

I hope to hear from someone soon. Happy horrible windyday to you all!
johnle
United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2016 : 21:04:35
Just so that you know there are others reading your message and don't feel lonely, we fitted a Webasco blown air heater to Pelagos last winter it is wonderful!!!!!!! the only experience i have had with a Taylor unit was a cooker[in an other boat] and it had a particular smell, we took it out.

Heat in a boat is a great bonus and it extends the sailing season, that is if we get a winter with fewer gales than this one.

yrs

John

SteveV
United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2016 : 21:37:04
lots of people here, just nothing to add.

I bought an eber, takes up a lot less space

Steve
Sarabande
Cardiff
=====================
Webmaster
http://sabre27.org.uk
=====================