Summer Cruise 2015

Posts that appeared in the original forum have been transferred here. It's worth searching them for answers - it's a goldmine.
Sabre27Admin
Site Admin

Summer Cruise 2015

Post by Sabre27Admin »

ianfr
United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2016 : 22:26:00
Hi, I have just posted a video of last years trip to France and Belgium. Its 25 minutes odd so you have been warned. Feel free to stop at any time :)

https://youtu.be/bKTfsTBT64Q

Kind Regards

Jo and Ian
Apogee, Tollesbury
yerffoeg
United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2016 : 21:51:53
Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting the video. We might go across to Gravelines later this year.

I was interested in the windvane you used, which seemed to do a pretty good job. What is the make and what are your thoughts about it please?

Regards,

Geoff
Cariona
Tollesbury

ianfr
United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2016 : 18:19:14
Hi Geoff

We are planning a trip this year leaving 25th June to Ramsgate and over the following day, weather permitting.

The windvane is built from plans, and I have to admit most of it was built and all I had to do was repair it. I have the plans as an extract from the book, which I can email to you if you want. You are welcome to pop round to look at it as we are ashore in the TSL yard right next to the path to the lightship.

I did change the head assembly from the plans which has made it a lot more responsive. We hardly ever use the tiller pilot anymore, and tacking is great, just turn the turntable to a mark on each tack and handle the jib sheets. Really easy.

You could probably knock together from scratch for betwwen £200 and £300 depending on how handy you are.

Kind Regards

Jo and Ian
Apogee, Tollesbury

p.s. down most Saturdays
Edited by - ianfr on 14/02/2016 18:31:09

yerffoeg
United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2016 : 23:28:09
Ian,

Many thanks. I shall try to get across to you sometime.

Regards
Geoff
=====================
Webmaster
http://sabre27.org.uk
=====================