Tide Planner App

Posts that appeared in the original forum have been transferred here. It's worth searching them for answers - it's a goldmine.
Sabre27Admin
Site Admin

Tide Planner App

Post by Sabre27Admin »

rory7520
United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2016 : 21:33:06
Dear All

Until two last month, I had a really useful App which gave fortnightly tidal forecasts with times of HW, LW with heights for any port or secondary port anywhere in the world. I opened the shortcut on my iPhone last week and discovered the App no longer worked and then discovered I was not alone. It has recently been modified by IMRAY and according to the current reviews no longer works.

So while IMRAY may or may not sort this out, I wondered if you good Sabre owners have a workable App which you can recommend?

Best wishes and thanks

Rory Steevenson
SMUGGLER of Keyhaven

SteveV
United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2016 : 04:39:43
I use "Tides Planner" on iPhone.

Costs a few pounds to get more than just the current day, does worldwide. Also does tidal streams

rory7520
United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2016 : 09:00:42
That sounds like the one I had! I day upgraded it and lost lots of users! Does yours still work? Thanks Rory

SteveV
United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2016 : 09:05:20
This is mine, not fortnightly tides though, it does all year, still working fine.

Tides Planner by Imray
https://appsto.re/gb/LGS8s.i

rory7520
United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2016 : 19:51:45
Here is one of the reviews and exactly what I was experiencing:
Can't App writers just leave things be? If it's working, leave it alone.

Is it my iPhone that is no longer compatible with the new App? Grateful for any advice. Thanks

Abijak
United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2016 : 15:11:27
Try Absolute Tides. I've had working on a Samsung S5 for two years no hiccups. You'll need to spend 15 mins getting used to the UI, but after that all's good.
=====================
Webmaster
http://sabre27.org.uk
=====================