Insurance Survey

This forum is for members general information exchange. You must register with name and valid e-mail address before being able to post a message. Non members are welcome to make contact with us through this forum. Please don't include your personal contact details in your message.
Charles

Insurance Survey

Post by Charles »

Hi

Is the SOC still able to have a survey exemption with GJW Insurance as I have been notified I need one but would prefer to use the cost elsewhere in boat ‘maintenance’!

Thanks

Charles
ken endean

Re: Insurance Survey

Post by ken endean »

Charles,
Please telephone me to discuss. You will have my phone number in the annual membership list and in the front of Rattling Sabres.
Ken
rory7520

Post by rory7520 »

Dear Charles

I had the same conversation with GJW. I explained we were rather like a vintage car club with (often elderly)owners taking great care of their elderly boats! They could not have been more helpful and my renewal notice which had asked for a pre launch 2020 survey was waived until 2020! I have the paperwork at home and if it helps will copy it to you/the Forum this evening.

Best wishes

Rory Steevenson
SMUGGLER of Keyhaven
Sabrewing

Post by Sabrewing »

Hi Rory,

If you or anyone else has this paperwork handy and would be prepared to share it would really help us as our survey is due too according to GJW.

Thanks in advance.
Ant
Sabrewing
ken endean

Post by ken endean »

Ant,
The insurance pamphlet is issued by the Association's Secretary (me) and if you give me a bell (see Rattling Sabres for my tel number) I will be able to help you.
Ken Endean
jezza

Post by jezza »

I spotted an ad in the back of PBO this month pointing at a website called perils-of-the-policy.co.uk, which catalogues the writer's experience of dealing with GJW as his broker of a policy for a £200k risk. Having read his claims, I am wondering what success S27OA owners have had in claiming against one of their policies.
Jerry Jones
Sea Spear
Weston-super-Mare