Sabre 27 Yachts for Sale
Boats currently listed for sale: 13
Wildcat, Fin Keel, 1970
Latest Entry Update: March 7, 2020
Location: Ashore Limekilns, Firth of Forth
Contact: David Gostick
Telephone: 07708 425361
Wildcat has been extensively refitted and updated over the 18 years we have owned her including a new Beta 25hp last season. In this time we have sailed her on the South coast of England, around the East and West coasts of Scotland and across to Northern Island. In 2019 we completed a circumnavigation of Scotland via the Caledonian, Crinan and Forth & Clyde canals. She has always looked after us, whatever the wind and sea has thrown at us and will be sadly missed. She is well serviced and maintained and ready to go.
- New Beta 3 cylinder 25hp (150 hrs) 2019
Sails & rigging
- Mainsail Kemp 2007 (only used for 9 seasons) 3 slab reefs with lazy-jacks
- Furling genoa (unknown age but serviceable) on Plastimo roller reefing
- Cruising chute Kemp 2007 (lightly used) with new pole
- Storm jib and removable inner forestay
- Rigging renewed 2011
- Lewmar 40 2-speed primary winches
- Lewmar 12 secondary winches
- New sprayhood and dodgers
- Lines lead aft
- Autohelm tiller pilot
- Raymarine ST40 Depth and log
- CQR 35lb anchor & chain plus kedge anchor
- Electric windlass
- 1 engine starting battery
- 1 service battery
- Cobra DSC radio
- Cockpit compass
- Day signals (ball & cone)
- Radar reflector
- Bilge pump
- Horseshoe buoy and light
- Fenders and warps
- Navigation lights
- Brass barometer and clock
- 2 doubles in (forepeak and saloon) plus 2 quarter berths (all suit 6ft plus)
- 6ft headroom in saloon
- Cockpit tent
- Eberspacher blown air heating
- Plastimo stainless steel twin hob / oven / grill
- Gas locker aft drained overboard (twin 4.5kg Calor bottles)
- Pressurised cold water with charcoal filter to galley sink
- Separate heads with Jabsco toilet (Bakes sea-cocks), pull-out sink and hand-pump tap
- Wet hanging locker opposite
- Shore power and 12 v outlets throughout
- All pots, crockery, cutlery & domestic equipment
- Numerous spares
- Fire extinguishers (inc in engine bay)
Islandia II, Twin Keel, 1989
Latest Entry Update: October 22, 2019
Location: Levkas, Greece
Contact: Andrew Dee
Twin keel sabre 27 Islandia II built 1989 by Brue Yachts lying Levkas, Greece
Yanmar 2GM Diesel. Equipped for live aboard Greek Islands Cruising including Pilot Books etc
Will consider swap for similar yacht in UK .
Sapphire, Twin Keel, 1978
£9250 ono - Price reduced for quick sale
Latest Entry Update: May 26, 2018
Location: Ashore at Highway Marine in Sandwich, Kent
Contact: Patrick Boon
Telephone: 07984 921987
This boat was very extensively refitted and updated (details below) in 2015-16 but has been laid up ashore since 2016. There is minor scuffing on the hull but she mainly needs a clean-up and would then be ready to go.
New/as new items
- Volvo D-120 engine
- Mast, boom and standing rigging
- Self-tailing winches
- Sprayhood & hatch cover
- Sea toilet and seacocks
- Garmin 450 plotter
- Navman DSC radio
- Cooker & gas installation
Other equipment includes
- Headsail, mainsail & spinnaker, with pole
- Dinghy & paddles
- Anchor & chain plus kedge anchor
- Fenders & warps etc.
- Spinlock jammers
- Radar reflector
- Bilge pump
- Day signals (ball & cone) and signal flag set
- Cockpit table
- Navico autohelm with remote
- Clipper wind & depth instruments
- Electric cool box
- Fire extinguishers
- Solar panel
- Shore power connection
- CD radio
- Two new life jackets
- All pots, cutlery & domestic equipment
- Numerous spares
Scarab, Fin Keel, 1974, number 265
Latest Entry Update: October 30, 2017
Location: 'Portbou' - Mediterranean Spanish/French border
Telephone: 07763 231251
Built in 1974 hull number 265 by Marine Construction UK (Marcon) of Southampton. The Sabre offers good accommodation, with 6′ headroom in the saloon on a 27 ft hull. Fin and skeg keel, sloop rigged and an excellent ballast ratio. ‘Scarab’ is currently British registered on the Small Ships Register.
We have sailed her in the Solent, across the English Channel, through the French rivers and canals, in the French and Spanish Mediterranean (including October 2017) and to and from the Balearics. She is well equipped, in good seaworthy condition and is ready to sail.
- 1 Double (fore-peak), 1 pull out saloon and 2 single quarter berths
- Jabsco marine toilet & sink in heads
- Wet locker
- Galley with sink & cold water tap/pump – New cold water system from flexi tank to tap 2016
- Cold storage area
- LED cabin lights
- Origo 3000 2 burner spirit stove
- Brass clock and barometer
Rigging & Sails:
- Stainless Steel Standing Rigging – electronic/visual rig professionally tested 2013
- Running rigging – New 2013 replaced/added to as necessary
- Mainsail with slab reefing and 2 reefs (1 ½ & 3) – Crusader sails 2005 – Good condition
- Genoa – Facnor roller reefing – Crusader sails 2005 – Good condition
- Kemp storm jib on detachable fore-stay – 2013
- Spinnaker & pole with all halyards & fittings & sheets – year and make unknown but good condition
- Stainless Steel Push-pit, Pull-pit and guard rails
- 2 Anchors with chain and warp
- 2 Lewmar self-tailing Genoa winches – 2013
- Spray hood
- Mainsail cover with lazy lines
- Cockpit cover
- Many warps and fenders
- Bathing ladder
- Outboard mount on pushpit
- Eberspacher blown air heating
- Radio/bluetooth/ipod USB music player
- Saloon & Cockpit speakers
- Radar reflector
- Smoke detectors
- Yanmar YSE12 inboard diesel – Fully refurbished 2012 in excellent working order and serviced at least annually including new water pump impeller
- 60 ltr fuel tank – 1 ltr per hour at 4 kts
Navigation & Electronics:
- Rewired 2012
- Control panel with switches/fuses
- 4 12v power sockets including one for portable fridge
- Deck mounted flexible Solar Panel
- Shore power including 240v outlet in saloon
- Sterling 10amp Power/Battery charger
- 1 engine starting batteries charged by: Engine alternator & Shore power battery charger
- 2 service batteries charged by: Engine alternator; Solar panel; Shore power battery charger
- Raymarine E7 Hybridtouch GPS/Plotter
- Nasa Clipper Depth/Log
- Nasa Clipper Wind Speed and Direction
- Garmin DSC/AIS VHF Radio with additional remote cabin speaker
- Cockpit Compass
- Raymarine ST2000+ tiller pilot
- Navigation & anchor lights
- Horseshoe Lifebelt & Light
- Manual Bilge pump – new seals 2016
- Fire extinguishers (x2)
Sea Spear, Twin Keel
Latest Entry Update: January 31, 2017
Location: Plymouth Boat Yard
Contact: Ian Sleep, Plymouth Boat Yard
Telephone: 01752 266564
- Owned jointly and then solely since 1997
- Well maintained and sound but in need of some cosmetic tidying (paint, headlining and sail cover). New boat in Med forces sale.
- Roller genoa, slab reefing main with 3 reefs, wire luffed storm jib, spinnaker and cruising chute
- Treated for osmosis before purchase. Coated 2007 with epoxy/phenolic barrier coat. No blistering.
- Yanmar 1GM10 inboard diesel driving shaft and bronze prop.
- Stainless tubular pulpit and pushpit
- Spinnaker pole in chocks on deck. Aluminium spars
- Lewmar chrome drum self tailing single speed genoa winches
- Manual anchor windlass. Plough anchor on deck to 40m reasonably new 8mm galvanised chain in locker. Kedge: plough anchor with chain and warp
- Laid teak seating and cockpit locker lid Laminated tiller with winter spare also supplied
- New aluminium framed toughened glass windows, replaced 2007
- Stainless standing rigging replaced 2007
- Forward Vee berth, dinette in salon converting to double and two pilot berths aft
- VHF radio, Simrad chartplotter, log/speed/depth instruments, Sestrel gimballed compass, Navtex, tide clock, barometer, tillerpilot. Navman GMDSS radio and chartplotter available
- Red Bombard inflatable tender with oars and Mariner 2hp 2-stroke outboard
- New stainless cooker (2 rings, oven, grill), 2006 with Flame Failure Devices
- Gas locker aft, drained overboard with double 4.5kg Calor bottles
- Full set of crockery and cutlery, tools and charts/pilots.
- 4 inflatable lifejackets, horseshoe buoy and light .Flexible 5 gallon water tank under vee-berth with charcoal filter to galley pump (Whale Flipper)
- Stainless galley sink. Jabsco sea toilet with Blakes outlet seacock and hand shower
- Sliding washbasin with foot pump (cold only)
Dokeso, Fin Keel, 1972
Latest Entry Update: October 10, 2016
Location: Brede River, East Sussex
Contact: Robin Chiles
Telephone: Robin: 0787 056 9073 / Robert: 07944 684631
We have owned Dokeso for the last 6 years, she is now for sale due to the purchase of a 35ft oyster. She has a fin keel and has a draught of 1.42m, believed to have been built around 1972. We have sailed her locally to Rye where we keep her, to Eastbourne and across the channel to Boulogne. In the time we have owned her we have replaced all the cockpit locker covers, rebuilt and serviced the whale bilge pump, replaced the tiller, replaced the companionway wash boards, serviced all the winches, replaced the topping lift and halyards and mast head blocks.
Last year we replaced the mainsail with a new one from Jeckells with 3 slab reefing points, a new standard jib. There is also a genoa and storm forsail in good condition serviced by Jeckells. According to our hand held GPS we have achieved speeds of 8 knots under sail. All deck and navigation lights are working. All hatches are secure and watertight and work as they should. 2 years ago we took her out and removed all old antifouling back to the gel coat, there was no sign of osmosis. Three coats of T Mack anti fouling paint were applied and a new anode was also fitted. At the same time the rubbing strake was sanded down and new sections spliced in as required
The engine is a 12 horse power Yanmar Model YSE single cylinder diesel, which has had a new oil pump, oil strainer, new water pump impellor, all new belts. The oil has been changed annually along oil and fuel filters The 50 litre diesel tank is kept full. There is a two year old flexible water tank in the fore cabin which delivers manually pumped water to the sink and heads. The toilet has been replaced and all seacocks serviced. The galley has a sink, cold box, gas cooker with 2 rings and a grill. There are 5 berths; two in the for cabin with 3 in the saloon. The interior lights work. The interior is worn but respectable and entirely functional but could be improved with a female touch. Included in the sale is a copy of the owners handbook and a full copy of the Service Manual for the Yanmar YSE engine.
Overall Dokeso is in excellent mechanical and functional condition but slightly scruffy cosmetically.
There are not any electronics, or navigational equipment beyond a compass. There is an echo sounder fitted but not considered working. There are fenders and mooring ropes, buoyancy aids/ life jackets and general odds and ends that you would expect to find on a well fitted out boat, however there will be a few items that her new owner will need to sort out such as cutlery, plates, pans and new flares, but Dokeso is up and running in good order. This is an ideal first boat for a family. Her mooring is paid for till the next quarter day and it is likely that the new owner could continue to keep her at the small friendly yard where she is berthed at Brede river moorings at RYE east Sussex, the charges are currently £375.00 per quarter.
The Sabre owners club is a first class organisation and well worth joining, they are a mine of useful information on the technical front concerning maintenance and improvements as well as holding rallies and social events. As far as I know Dokeso is the best value Sabre 27 on the market at present in a totally useable ready to go condition, Dokeso could sail across the channel to Boulogne on the next tide, she is not a project.
Dokeso is advertised in a number of places, we expect her to find new owners quickly, as stated she is moored at Brede river moorings at RYE east Sussex; If you are seriously interested you are welcome to come and look her over, her co-owner and I live a 30 min drive inland and are both self-employed so should be able to be flexible to show you Dokeso at your convenience.
InshaAallah, Twin Keel
Latest Entry Update: July 15, 2015
Contact: Mike Turpin
Telephone: 07950 465215
Sabre 27 for sale
Twin keel Sabre 27 for sale with Beta 20hp engine built by Marcon Marine. A very well maintained example of this popular 27ft yacht which has had thousands of pounds spent on it over the past few years leaving her ready to step on and sail for the new owner. Sleeps 6 in 2 cabins although more comfortable with up to 4. Full inventory list below:
- Spinnaker with snuffer
- Beta 20hp engine just serviced
- New exhaust system waterlock and silencer (2015)
- Good condition slab reefing main
- Full cockpit cover / tent
- Anchor windlass
- Electric Jabsco heads
- Facnor racing roller furling system
- Electric coolbox
- Pressurised hot and cold water system
- Flavel Vanessa Cooker with grill and twin hob
- Boom tent
- Solar panel
- 240v inverter
- 240v Shore power
- Mastervolt battery monitor
- Silva S15 DSC VHF radio
- Alpine stereo / CD player
- Simrad TP10 autopilot
- Chartplotter and South coast charts
- Nasa depth sounder
- Stowe log
- Navman windex
- Sprayhood (2014)
- 50L fuel tank and new fuel lines (2013)
- New headlining throughout (2012)
- New windows (2009)
- 140% furling Genoa (2009)
- 3 blade propeller (2008)
- Centreflex coupling (2008)
- PSS Dripless shaft seal (2008)
Any questions or to arrange a viewing please contact Mike on 07950 465215
Cinq Mille, Twin Keel, 1975
£8,500 - Price Reduced
Latest Entry Update: May 7, 2015
Location: Glasson Dock, Lancashire
Contact: Robert Sutcliffe
Telephone: 01200 422589 / 07950 888644
Cinq Mille has been owned by me for 10 years and has cruised extensively in that period between Wales, Ireland and western Scotland. Her two previous owners had her based in the south of England. She is a nice example of this very seaworthy class.
- Original white gellcoat in good condition
- Excellent genoa with roller furling
- Mainsail good condition with slab reefing
- Spinaker little used + pole
- Assortment of spare sails
- Volvo Penta MD6A 2cylinder diesel
- Mainsail cover
- Spray hood
- genoa u/v strip
- (all the above replaced recently in burgundy)
- Wood panelled interior
- 4/5 berths in 2 cabins
- Sea toilet (replaced recently)
- 2 burner gas cooker with grill
- SS water tank with electric pumping system
- Gimbaled oil lamp
- VHF radio
- Echo sounder
- Various anchors
- 60 metres galvanised anchor chain
- spare chain
- Mooring warps
- Lots of additional equipment
Latest Entry Update: May 7, 2015
Location: Blankenberge (Belgium)
Contact: Guy Vandeweyer
- Wardroom, front cabin, toilets.
- Front cabin: bunk 2 places , 2 bunks under back axle, possibility 2 bunks in wardroom
- Rigging: mainsail, gênois, 2 jibs, spinnaker.
- System of dismasting at sea (in red on photo), automatic equipment for jibs (in green on photo)
- Engine Volvo Penta 25 cv
- Legal equipment, compass, depth finder, autopilot, grows longer of helm
- Refrigerator 220 v, 12 v and gas, cooker gas 2 beaks.
- Antifouling every year
- In Blankenberge Belgium, parking space paid to the end of 2015.
Sabrina, Fin Keel, 1972
Latest Entry Update: October 28, 2013
Location: Peterhead Marina
Contact: Mr David Buchan
Telephone: 01779 477491
- Nanni 3 cylinder 21hp engine less than 50hrs.
- New stern gear and propeller.
- Hydraulic gearbox.
- Twin batteries.
- Flexible 25gall water tank and tank filter.
- Eberspacher heating system.
- Full cradle for lift out.
- Raymarine Auto Pilot (smartpilot) – electric motor driving hydraulic powerpack, also Morse hydraulic steering.
This boat is now fitted with a three sided plywood shelter cladded with 1/4 industrial white nylon and four toughened windows – dodger altered to suit.
All normal stays and rigging.
Also rubber dinghy with small outboard.
Prefer to communicate by telephone.
Crestanova, Fin Keel, 1971
Latest Entry Update: April 17, 2013
Location: Alcazeres, Spain
Contact: Bob Capper
Telephone: 0151 345 5802
CRESTANOVA, fin keel, built 1971. She is lying at Alkazeres, Spain, on the Mar Menor on her own free mooring.
I am selling due to my age and have enjoyed owning her and working on her, but the time has come. I have done a lot of wood work on her over the years, inside and out, including the forehatch and slatted cockpit floor both in mahogany. Last year I replaced the Nanni D850 salt water cooled engine with a reconditioned fresh water cooled Kubota D950 which has a new heat exchanger. I kept the spares from the Nanni as they are the same as the Kubota.
In 2012 she was lifted out, stripped of existing paint and anti-fouling, inspected and found to be in excellent condition. Both bottom and top-sides were primed, the bottom anti-fouled with two coats and topsides with gloss. The electrics are all in working order, however, to my mind the system requires closer inspection.
The following items and equipment are included:
- 2.5m inflatable dinghy with 2.3hp Honda 4 stroke outboard
- 2 Plough anchors and about 10m working chain
- Spray hood and dodgers
- Bulkhead compass
- 850 watt Craft 850 petrol generator to run power tools etc.
- VHF radio, Navman 700 EU -New
- NASA depth sounder.
- Garmin GPS152. New
- Heads working and in good condition.
- The interior is sound
- Sails: Main Good. Genoa Fair, also spare Genoa (needs repair).
- Roller Reefing, good condition.
- Fully zipped hammock type sail cover with lazy jacks, new.
- Halyards and sheets replaced during the last two years
- Stainless Steel boarding and bathing platform to stern (cockpit entry)
- Electric windlass (not fitted)
Mooring – Substantial concrete lump – heavy large link chain – large buoy, small pick up buoy. The mooring is free of charge and is adjacent to the marina.
Tillew, Fin Keel, 1970
Latest Entry Update: March 19, 2013
Location: New Ross, Southeast Ireland
Contact: John Hickey
Telephone: 00353 86 1736719
- 6 berth
- Sabb 10 hp diesel engine
- New interior refit
- New upholstery
- New two speed winches
- New compass
- New toilet fitted
- 4 wheel road trailer
This boat has been ashore under cover for the past two years, during which time the interior has been completely overhauled. She is safe and forgiving , an excellent sea boat and an ideal family cruiser.
Change of circumstances necessitates reluctant sale after almost 20 happy years. She is located in New Ross, southeast Ireland, 20 minutes from Rosslare Harbour. Delivery possible within Repulic of Ireland.
Black Fox, Fin Keel, 1969/70
Latest Entry Update: August 1, 2009
Contact: Richard Jones
Telephone: 07768 151746
Black Fox is believed to be number 2 or number 3 of the Marcon Sabre 27, designed by Alan Hill, and built by Marine Construction in Woolston, Southampton. She was built in 1969, launched in January 1970 and is Lloyds Registered D40252.
Black Fox is a fin keel Mk1 model, is very distinctive amongst her peers, having a 3 foot taller mast and extra weight on the keel. Below she is also unique and is completely fitted out in wood giving her a cosy timeless feel. She has always been moored on the Solent and sailed mainly in this area with occasional trips to Northern France and the West Country.
Black Fox has been featured 4 times on the cover of Sailing publications and many articles, and recently in the Reeds Yacht Buyers Guide. She had a very in depth article in Sailing Today, May 2001 issue ‘Sabre 27 is there a better 27 footer?’